Friday, October 29, 2010

A Birthday Bokeh ...

What is Bokeh? Here's Wikipedia's discription of Bokeh: In photography, bokeh (pronounced /boʊ'kɛ/) is the blur,[1][2] or the aesthetic quality of the blur,[3][4][5] in out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light."[6] Differences in lens aberrations and aperture shape cause some lens designs to blur the image in a way that is pleasing to the eye, while others produce blurring that is unpleasant or distracting—"good" and "bad" bokeh, respectively.

I personally love bokeh in the background of my images. I do strive for this whenever possible in most of my pictures because it can make a good picture.... a fabulous picture.

Here's a few examples....This first one is of Ana and as you can see in the background behind her the beautiful blurred bokeh


here's another one with bokeh (notice all the green circles...that is the bokeh)

In this one the bokeh is alot bigger...



So, You're probably wondering why the title then is Birthday Bokeh.  Well, as most of you know yesturday was my birthday!  Big woopty doo right? lol!  Anyway, one of my presents was some flowers and in one of the photo groups I'm in there was a challenge (which I love photo challenges) to do shaped bokeh.  Similar to the above pics but instead of circles...making those circles into different shapes.  So, with my flowers I played around and this is what I came up with...see the heart shaped bokeh?  It almost reminds me of a 1800flowers ad.  :)

0 comments:

About This Blog

My name is Julie and I'm Mother of 3 beautiful girls, Married to a wonderful carpenter, I live in the state of Montana and I am owner of Jubilee Photography! I have a passion for photography as you will see throughout my blog! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy! :)



  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP